Google Business/Local Not Showing Up
Are you having issues after you signed up with Google Business and your business not showing up in the local rankings at all? There are many different factors of why this might happen. The most obvious reason is your Google+ page is not fully setup and thus you are unable to correctly rank.
You need to make sure of the following for your Google+ page:
- All pictures are uploaded
- To post frequently on your Google+ about related things to your industry
- All information is properly filled out
- Get customers to add reviews
The other thing you need to do to make sure your listing comes up is to have your business have citations around the internet. Citations around the internet means you are on other “yellow pages” of the internet. Google uses these citations as an indicator of where you are located and if you are a real business. There are around 50 sites you should be on.
A list of a few are below:
There are also other data aggregation you should be on. The main ones are:
- ExpressUpdate.com – AKA InfoGroup, AKA InfoUSA (verification required; see this post for more detail)
- Factual.com (paid)
- LocalEze.com (verification required; see this post for more detail)
Now, remember ranking in Google Local will take time and effort. Things do not happen over night and if you do not put effort into the listing it will never move up at all.